The church of St. Demetrios on the hill of Xifiani is established (as an inscription informs us), in 1857-1858 in the architectural style of the three-aisled basilica with loggia, vestibule and external open arcade on the south side. One of the most striking parts of the church is the pitched roof, covered with slate, which was recently renovated with the mobilization of local people. Inside the church, stands the wooden iconostasis with carved motifs of flowers, branches and leaves, the polygonal pulpit with carved wooden borders, and the zenana with special wooden parapet and trellis, which (as is common in churches of Pella) is located in the western part of the church. The frescoes of the church depict Christ, Platitera (sanctuary apse) and a number of saints, while the portable icons depict Saint Kyriaki (generation year 1870) and Saint Nikolaos (year of creation 1860). The middle aisle of the church is covered by semi-cylindrical roof, while the side aisles are covered by flat and wooden. Finally, the bell tower is a separate building in the outer space of the temple (southeast) and is dated to 1919, as indicated on the inscription.
More broadly, the area of Xifiani has provided important information to research on the habitation here in early Christian years. Remarkable was the revelation of a cemetery section, in a short distance west of the Byzantine castle of Chrysi. The 45 tombs that were investigated belonged to various architectural types, but mostly on tile “Kalyvites” and cist, formulas used since Roman times, especially for economically disadvantaged people. A single tomb praised for its monumental structure. It is an underground part with a built box-like construction, coated internally and a narrow passage in the northeast. This formula dates from the 4th century AD. Generally the burials are mixed (ie buried here Christians and Gentiles), are individual, and sometimes they are multiple (a popular phenomenon in the Christian world). Funeral gifts were few, mainly pottery and just three female burials simply brought earrings-rings and wire annulet.
In short distance south of the cemetery, which stretches north and east the plain of Chrysi, it have been identified residential facilities, which probably refer to an occupation of the rural population of the region under a common management organization in the 4th and 5th century AD.
A possible early Christian three aisled basilica with narthex or “triclinium” was revealed to 'Monastiraki' of Xifiani, two kilometers southwest of the cemetery. It is a quadrangular, apsidal building, which is divided into three main areas, parallel to each other. The so-called central area or central aisle is encrusted with clay tablets, one of which has an engraved cross. At the same time, it owned a building rectangular section with at least three places, masonry walls, floors from quadrangular clay plates and wooden roof.
 Moutsopoulos N., The churches of the prefecture of Pella, Thessaloniki, Society for Macedonian Studies / Peninsula Institute for Balkan Studies, 1973, p. 85.
 Paisidou, M., “About the percent departed Committed”. Excavation of the cemetery of the 4th century AD, in Xifiani Almopia. The archaeological work in Macedonia and Thrace 17, 2003, pp. 517-531. See the website http://www.yppo.gr/5/g5111.jsp?obj_id=1580).